“Back to Business” for Outsourcing and other Technology-Based Services ContractsNot Out of the Woods Yet: Will Your Closed Deal Be “Repriced” by COVID-19?
Technology Transactions partners Dan Masur, Brad Peterson and Linda Rhodes, along with senior associate Julian Dibbell, discuss steps to consider for outsourcing and other technology-based services contracts as we emerge from the pandemic.
May 7, 2020 | 31.35 Minute Listen
Corporate/M&A partners Paul Crimmins and Jennifer Keating and Litigation partner Brian Massengill discuss some key considerations for M&A practitioners in pending transactions, whether closed deals may be “repriced” and areas in which post-closing disputes may arise. This topic is likely to generate significant interest in the industry in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and related global financial crisis. Recorded on May 4, 2020 (prior to the resolution of the Victoria’s Secret litigation).
May 7, 2020 | 39.57 Minute Listen
A Storm’s a Brewin’! – The Inevitable Government Regulatory Scrutiny of the Response to the Current Pandemic
Mayer Brown partners Marcia Madsen, Stephanie Robinson and Richard Rosenfeld discuss what you need to know and what you need to do in regards to regulatory scrutiny during the current pandemic. Topics discussed include:
Consumer Financial Protection Aspects of Stimulus
- Forbearance and Foreclosure
Enforcement: Lessons from the Past, Description of the Present
- Pandemic Response Accountability Committee (PRAC)
- Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery (SIGPR)
- COVID-19 Congressional Oversight Commission (COC)
- False Claims Act – Expect DOJ and Relators to Follow the Money
- Stimulus IG, Agency IGs
- Debarment and Suspension
May 5, 2020 | 23.04 Minute Listen
On April 30, the Federal Reserve Board announced it is expanding the scope and eligibility for the Main Street Lending Program in order to further help credit flow to small and medium-sized businesses that were in sound financial condition before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mayer Brown partners Fred Fisher, Jeff Taft, and Adam Wolk and associate Logan Payne discuss these new changes, which include:
- A new third loan option for “priority loans,” with increased risk sharing by lenders
- An expansion of the pool of businesses eligible to borrow and lenders eligible to lend (though in both cases, with important exclusions)
- Leverage measures being based on “adjusted EBITDA”
- And a step back from SOFR to LIBOR
April 30, 2020 | 26.04 Minute Listen
M&A partners Paul Crimmins and Jennifer Keating and counsel Rebecca Seidl discuss non-cash considerations in post COVID-19 M&A.
April 30, 2020 | 10.14 Minute Listen
In this cross practice episode, Jessica Walker and Beth Brown talk about how trustees might deal with COVID-19, including continuing to run their schemes and thinking about the potential impact on sponsoring employers.
April 29, 2020 | 61.07 Minute Listen
April 20, 2020 | 28:49 Minute Listen
April 20, 2020 | 24:56 Minute Watch
In the current pandemic, human and technological resources are stretched and firms have to focus on ensuring business continuity.
This presentation goes through how Mayer Brown’s non-contentious FSRE team in London can help financial services clients during the pandemic in terms of:
- Reviewing current rules on business continuity;
- Anticipating future regulatory oversight;
- Continuing to treat customers fairly;
- Upholding regulatory reporting compliance; and
- Updates on postponed regulatory changes.
April 06, 2020 | 35:11 Minute Listen
April 02, 2020 | 34:05 Minute Listen
April 02, 2020 | 28:45 Minute Listen
March 30, 2020 | 40:52 Minute Listen
March 26, 2020 | 28:19 Minute Listen
March 20, 2020 | 28:40 Minute Listen